WE local conferences are happening right now. Have a look on what WE Locals at Providence and Prague offer to you! WE Locals are designed with many session tracks and events that are geared to the Graduate Students. Here are some of the session highlights you can expect:
Session highlights of WE Local at Providence:
- What is an academic career?
- Finance Savvy: You and Your SWE Section
- She’s on FIRE: A Woman’s Perspective on Financial Independence
- Career Fair Readiness: How do you prepare?
- Bridging the gap: Understanding the Multigenerational Workforce
- Finding a Research Position as a Student
- Finding and Creating Leadership Opportunities to Get Ahead in Your Career
- Opportunities for Engineers to Help Solve the Government’s Toughest Challenges
- HeForSWE: Advocating with Our Male Allies
- Salary Negotiations: Because You’re Worth It!
- Introduction to Adulting: Financial Tips
- Think Out of the Box: Careers Your Engineering Degree Can Take You
- Government vs. Industry – Engineering the Right Career
- Does this company make my butt look big?
- WE Local Symposium (at no additional cost) for the graduate students. More info can be found online: http://alltogether.swe.org/2018/04/attend-we-local-symposium-providence/.
Session highlights of WE Local at Prague:
- My SWE Journey from a College Student to a Scholar in Academia: How I Implemented My SWE Experience into My Life as an Academic
- Thriving in an Emerging Industry
- Everyone can be a STEM Ambassador
- Presenting Technical Content with Confidence
- Working towards Inclusive STEM: Solving the Engineering Talent Dilemma
- Bridging the Culture Gap
Last, but not the least, you will get the opportunity to meet with potential employers and connect with peers while building your skills through professional development workshops.
Registrations are open now. Don’t miss out — register for the WE Local today!
WE Local Providence
April 20-22, 2018, Register Before Friday, April 13
WE Local Prague
May 16-18, 2018, Registration: First Come, First Served.
Represent the Graduate Community at WE18, SWE’s Annual Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 18-20, 2018. More than 250 sessions will be selected. The theme for WE18 is “Let’s Break Boundaries.” For three days, thousands of women in engineering and technology will connect with one another and celebrate how they are breaking boundaries every day. They’re crashing through barriers: graduating from engineering schools around the globe, working at top engineering firms, and innovating solutions to the world’s biggest challenges!
If you enjoyed participating in the Graduate Community sessions at WE17 or have ideas on how to improve the grad sessions for WE18 please let us know by emailing email@example.com!
Do you have a session ready to go or just an idea for a session that you want feedback on? Fill out this form
by February 26th with as much (or as little) information as you can to get feedback from GradSWE!
Don’t have an idea but want to get involved? We have possible topics you can develop into your own talk! Email us if you are interested in using one of the following or want other suggestions.
- Challenges of grad school-Personal anecdote
- Maintaining mental health
- Task management
- Conflict resolution with collaborations
- Mentoring underclassman/undergrads
- How to give a chalk talk
- Networking at conferences
- Grant writing
- CV, cover letter, teaching statement review
Submit your final session proposal for WE18, SWE’s Annual Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 18-20, 2018 here
! The deadline for proposals is Friday, March 9
If you have any questions, contact our new Graduate Programming email address at GradSWEProgramming@gmail.com.