It is officially October which means that WE18 is right around the corner! Now is the time to start preparing for the conference so that you can get the most from the experience.
UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: On the job market? Upload your resume ahead of time to make sure companies know you are available.
CHECK OUT THE WE18 EXHIBITORS: There will be more than 300 exhibitors at the WE18 career fair! Take some time to pick out the specific exhibitors you are interested in meeting.
Career Fair Hours
Thursday, Oct 18:
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Professional and Collegiate members only)
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (all registrants, including Career Fair only)
Friday, October 19:
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. professionals only (members and non-members)
10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Professional and Collegiate members only)
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (all registrants, including Career Fair only)
USE THE MOBILE APP: WE18 is a HUGE conference with more sessions than you could possibly attend. Make the most of your time by using the mobile app to build your schedule and stay organized!
TIPS FOR FIRST-TIMERS: Check out the podcast by FY19 SWE President Penny Wirsing and FY17 SWE President Jessica Rannow about tips and advice for First-Timers at WE18.
Finally, don’t forget to come to our GradSWE specific sessions:
Thursday, October 18th
- 12:45-1:45 PM | Big Step for Me, Giant Leap for SWE-Kind: Staying Involved in SWE After College
- 2:00-3:00 PM | Life after Grad School: Transitioning from Graduate Student to Professional
- 4:30-5:30 PM | Preparing Powerful Application Essays
Friday, October 19th
- 9:30 AM-6PM | Collegiate Poster Competition
- 10:15-11:45 AM | Rapid Fire 1: Graduate Students
- 4:30-5:30 PM | A Tale of Two PhDs and The Value of Diversity (may be rescheduled)
- 3:00-5:00 PM | Graduate Member Meeting
- 5:00-6:30 PM | Graduate Student Reception (Sponsors: Autodesk and Praxair)
Saturday, October 20th
- 12:45-1:45 PM | Embracing Failures in Academia to Break Personal Boundaries
- 1:30-1:50 PM | Utilizing Online Platforms for Self-Promotion: Personal Websites and Social Media
We highly encourage participation in these sessions led by your fellow peers and academics. It can be an impactful learning experience, and high attendance numbers demonstrate that the graduate population in SWE continues to grow!
If you cannot attend WE18, watch for graduate programming at 2019 WE Locals or at WE19.
Any questions about programming at WE18 can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org