The SWE Annual Conference, WE18, is fast approaching, and we are pleased to share some of the sessions BY graduate students FOR graduate students:
(FULL CONFERENCE SCHEDULE)
Thursday, October 18th
- 12:45-1:45 PM | Big Step for Me, Giant Leap for SWE-Kind: Staying Involved in SWE After College
- 2:00-3:00 PM | Life after Grad School: Transitioning from Graduate Student to Professional
- 4:30-5:30 PM | Preparing Powerful Application Essays
Friday, October 19th
- 10:15-11:30 AM | Rapid Fire 1: Graduate Students
- 3:30-5:00 PM | Graduate Member Meeting
- 5:00-6:30 PM | Graduate Student Reception (Sponsors: Autodesk, Lockeed Martin, and Praxair)
Saturday, October 20th
- 1:30-1:50 PM | Utilizing Online Platforms for Self-Promotion: Personal Websites and Social Media
- 2:00-3:00 PM | Embracing Failures in Academia to Break Personal Boundaries
- 3:15-4:15 PM | A Tale of Two PhDs and the Value of Diversity
We highly encourage participation in these sessions led by your fellow peers and academics. It can be an impactful learning experience, and high attendance numbers demonstrate that the graduate population in SWE continues to grow!
Are you still looking to coordinate travel/accommodations for WE18? Fill out this form, and we will try to get you connected to other graduate students traveling to the conference.
If you cannot attend WE18, watch for graduate programming at 2019 WE Locals or at WE19. Want to get more involved in the programming that is offered at WE Locals? The deadline to submit an abstract for 2019 WE Locals has been extended to Monday, August 20th.
Any questions about programming at WE18 can be emailed to email@example.com
Represent the Graduate Community at WE18, SWE’s Annual Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 18-20, 2018. More than 250 sessions will be selected. The theme for WE18 is “Let’s Break Boundaries.” For three days, thousands of women in engineering and technology will connect with one another and celebrate how they are breaking boundaries every day. They’re crashing through barriers: graduating from engineering schools around the globe, working at top engineering firms, and innovating solutions to the world’s biggest challenges!
If you enjoyed participating in the Graduate Community sessions at WE17 or have ideas on how to improve the grad sessions for WE18 please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
Do you have a session ready to go or just an idea for a session that you want feedback on? Fill out this form
by February 26th with as much (or as little) information as you can to get feedback from GradSWE!
Don’t have an idea but want to get involved? We have possible topics you can develop into your own talk! Email us if you are interested in using one of the following or want other suggestions.
- Challenges of grad school-Personal anecdote
- Maintaining mental health
- Task management
- Conflict resolution with collaborations
- Mentoring underclassman/undergrads
- How to give a chalk talk
- Networking at conferences
- Grant writing
- CV, cover letter, teaching statement review
Submit your final session proposal for WE18, SWE’s Annual Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 18-20, 2018 here
! The deadline for proposals is Friday, March 9
If you have any questions, contact our new Graduate Programming email address at GradSWEProgramming@gmail.com.