The SWE Annual Conference, WE18, is fast approaching, and we are pleased to share some of the sessions BY graduate students FOR graduate students:
Thursday, October 18th
- 12:45-1:45 PM | Big Step for Me, Giant Leap for SWE-Kind: Staying Involved in SWE After College
- 2:00-3:00 PM | Life after Grad School: Transitioning from Graduate Student to Professional
- 4:30-5:30 PM | Preparing Powerful Application Essays
Friday, October 19th
- 10:15-11:30 AM | Rapid Fire 1: Graduate Students
- 3:30-5:00 PM | Graduate Member Meeting
- 5:00-6:30 PM | Graduate Student Reception (Sponsors: Autodesk, Lockeed Martin, and Praxair)
Saturday, October 20th
- 1:30-1:50 PM | Utilizing Online Platforms for Self-Promotion: Personal Websites and Social Media
- 2:00-3:00 PM | Embracing Failures in Academia to Break Personal Boundaries
- 3:15-4:15 PM | A Tale of Two PhDs and the Value of Diversity
We highly encourage participation in these sessions led by your fellow peers and academics. It can be an impactful learning experience, and high attendance numbers demonstrate that the graduate population in SWE continues to grow!
Are you still looking to coordinate travel/accommodations for WE18? Fill out this form, and we will try to get you connected to other graduate students traveling to the conference.
If you cannot attend WE18, watch for graduate programming at 2019 WE Locals or at WE19. Want to get more involved in the programming that is offered at WE Locals? The deadline to submit an abstract for 2019 WE Locals has been extended to Monday, August 20th.
Any questions about programming at WE18 can be emailed to email@example.com