Get more involved with SWE as a graduate student!
Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNvNbZAejpfchRyfDOEZRMtJX6BZLUAYZoEx1hE49_49X3vg/viewform?usp=sf_link
The Graduate Leadership Team (consisting of the Graduate Member Coordinator, the Graduate Programming Coordinator, and their coordinator-elects) is looking for new leaders for FY19, starting in July 2018! This is a great opportunity for grad students to get involved in the SWE Grad Community. The positions are:
– Graduate Member Coordinator-Elect (GMC-Elect): Supports the Graduate Member Coordinator in working to foster a strong community and network for graduate students in SWE by facilitating communication between graduate students in SWE and SWE graduate student groups, and by representing the interests of graduate students to the Society. The GMC-Elect assists the GMC, in preparation for assuming the GMC role the following year.
– Social Media Coordinator (SMC): Ensures that all the Graduate Community social media and online outlets have current and regular content in order to allow graduate students to stay up to date on relevant information.
– Webinars Coordinator (WC): Assist in coordinating the webinars hosted by the Graduate SWE community, by selecting topics, inviting speakers, and coordinating logistics with SWE headquarters to ensure webinars are advertised and routinely presented
– Mentorship Coordinator (MC): The mentorship coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of GradSWE’s new mentorship program. Tasks include soliciting for mentors, keeping track of mentor/mentee applications, and making mentorship pairings.
– Graduate Transition Lead (GTL): Leads the Region Grad Rep team, and assists the GMC with strategic planning for GradSWE throughout the governance transitions, aiding Regions in solidifying their section graduate contacts.
– International Graduate Team Leader (IGTL): Creates resources for international graduate students, and aid in the efforts of GradSWE globalization.
-Professional Graduate Team Leader (PGTL): Assess of the needs of professional graduate students, and make recommendations and resources based on those assessments.
– Diversity and Inclusion Liaison (DIL): Facilitates relationships between affiliate groups and graduate student members to further promote the support of minority groups in STEM fields, and throughout STEM education.
The applications are due by April 01 2018 11:59 pm CDT (Midnight).
- GradSWE team application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNvNbZAejpfchRyfDOEZRMtJX6BZLUAYZoEx1hE49_49X3vg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- SWE HQ application (to be considered for GMC-E): https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/49366-Swe—Please-Include-The-Name-Of-Application-In-Subject-Of-Email
Note that the GMC-Elect position requires the SWE HQ Committee Chair application. The GradSWE team application includes an area where you indicate whether or not you submitted the GMC-Elect application and allows you to rank your preferences. Both applications require similar information and responses, but please make sure to follow the directions!
Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks after the deadline if there any additional questions and to schedule a phone interview. If you have any questions, please contact Carolyn at email@example.com.