WE17 is quickly approaching and if you’re anything like me, you have a ton of things going on. Despite the craziness, I would advise you to start straightening out your resume now….a little each week leading up to conference would be best.
So here are a few helpful tips as you prepare:
- Start by creating a list of your most recent activities and accomplishments; add these to your resume.
- Visit the WE17 website (we17.swe.org) to get more details on the companies attending the Career Fair and make a list of the ones you’re interested in.
- Visit the Career Services Center on your campus for some assistance.
- Be sure to use buzzwords…words specific to the position(s) you’re interested in; be prepared to have more than one version of your resume.
- Update all components to your resume: Contact Information, Objective, Education, Work Experience, Projects, Technical Skills, Organizations, Awards, and References.
- Try to be concise and keep your resume down to 1-2 pages.
- Don’t forget to bring several copies to the career fair; you will have the opportunity to make copies at conference.
Also, be able to talk about yourself…the first statement you will typically hear at a Career Fair is “Hi, Tell me about yourself.”
Lastly, be professional and confident! See you all at WE17!!