- Graduate Member Coordinator (GMC): Liz Dreyer – University of Michigan
- GMC-Elect: Genevieve Kane – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Graduate Programming Coordinator (GPC): Rachel Unruh – Texas A&M
- GPC-Elect: Emily Hoffman – Northwestern University
- Social Media Coordinator (SMC): Allie Anderson – Colorado School of Mines
- Webinar Coordinator (WC): Celine Liong – Stanford University
In this newsletter:
- Academic Leadership for Women in Engineering (ALWE)
- Grad Community Spotlights
- Book your WE16 room now!
- Follow us on Social Media!
(1) Academic Leadership for Women in Engineering (ALWE)
The overarching purpose of ALWE is to give female academics in engineering departments an introduction to the tangible skills and knowledge needed to pursue and gainfully acquire institutional leadership positions at a university.
Participants in the program will experience two-full days and six interactive sessions that will provide best practices to advance in academia while creating opportunities and mechanisms to network across institutions. To that end, the objectives of ALWE are as follows:
Recognize the various roles associated with holding leadership positions within academia.
Learn strategies and tools to advance in leadership roles within academia.
Learn negotiation skills to use in pursuing institutional leadership positions.
Expand an existing network of women in academia.
Support a community of practice focused on similar goals and faced with similar challenges.
Dates: October 28 – 29, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
Location: WE16 – Philadelphia, PA
Check out the tentative agenda.
Check out more information and apply for the program athttp://we16.swe.org/events/alwe/
(2) Grad Community Spotlights
Did you see the most recent Spotlight?
Stanford Grad SWE (27 June 2016):
(3) Book your WE16 room now!
Now is the time to start thinking about your plans for WE16. You can book your hotel, sign up to be notified when conference registration is live, and more at http://we16.swe.org/.
Sign up to volunteer for WE16! It’s a great way to give back to the conference that gives so much, and you get a discounted registration rate! More at http://we16.swe.org/.
(4) Follow us on social media!
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SWEGrad
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com!