Hello Grad Community!
In this newsletter:
- Leadership Coaching Committee looking for members
- Join a SWE Committee!
- Grad Community Spotlights
- Blog Basics: Grad Leadership Team
(1) Leadership Coaching Community looking for members
The Leadership Coaching Committee provides proactive leadership coaching to SWE organizational units, including sections, regions, and MALs. Trained Leadership Coaches provide Society leadership with the coaching and support essential to maintaining healthy, vital, and growing section, region, and MAL organizations. Training modules on various aspects of SWE operations, and/or necessary leadership and management skills for SWE success, are delivered to sections via local venues, delivered to sections and regions through the Region Conferences, and are delivered to all members of SWE at the Society Annual Conference.
Leadership Coaches have prior SWE leadership experience which is essential in having the perspective needed to tackle section and region roadblocks and hurdles. Leadership Coaches can have either a professional or collegiate section focus.
There is especially a need for coaches in Regions F and G, as well as professional focused coaches in Region H.
If you are interested in being part of the Leadership Coaching Committee please contact your region lead LCC_Region_X@swe.org or the FY16 LCC Chair Faith Chu at email@example.com
(2) Join a SWE Committee
Graduate students are a valuable resource on many of the SWE Committees! Find a committee that matches your interests and availability in FY17. There are a wide range of opportunities and levels of commitment. Changes for FY17:
- The government relations and public policy committee is changing from a committee and chair to a coordinator role based on the functions of this group.
- A great amount of progress has been made by the Governance subgroups in FY16. A smaller task force is being formed to further develop and work the remaining actions into FY17. Ideal candidates will have participated in one of the FY16 subgroups, and have a good grasp of the work yet to be done and the direction the Society is heading.
- With region conferences transforming into WELocal conferences, the conference advisory board has created a subgroup to focus on these smaller conferences. Its charter will be updated to reflect this addition. The inaugural group was created from members of the region conference task force and key constituencies.
If you would like to continue serving on a committee, please confirm with your current leader. For any new roles, please complete the simple online volunteer interest form by May 1, 2016. Questions about a committee? Find contact information for current chairs on the committees page.
(3) Grad Community Spotlights
Did you see the most recent Spotlights?
Jessica Rimsa (21 Mar 2016):
Stephanie Moffitt (4 April 2016):
Do you know someone (or yourself) or a Grad Group who deserves recognition? Submit their name here: http://goo.gl/51Oh1H
(4) Blog Basics: Newsletters page
Have you missed these newsletters in your email in the past? Check out the Newsletters page for all the previous newsletters! https://swegrad.wordpress.com/newsletters/
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!