Hello Grad Community!
In this newsletter:
- Apply for FY17 Graduate Coordinator positions!
- Upcoming Region D Conference
- Grad Community Spotlights
- Blog Basics: FAQ page
(1) Get more involved with SWE as a graduate student! Apply for FY17 Graduate Coordinator positions!
The Graduate Leadership Team (consisting of the Graduate Member Coordinator, the Graduate Programming Coordinator, and their coordinator-elects) is looking for new coordinators for FY17, starting in July 2016! This is a great opportunity for grad students to get involved in the SWE Grad Community. The three positions are:
– Graduate Member Coordinator-Elect (GMC-Elect): Supports the Graduate Member Coordinator in working to foster a strong community and network for graduate students in SWE by facilitating communication between graduate students in SWE and SWE graduate student groups, and by representing the interests of graduate students to the Society. The GMC-Elect assists the GMC, in preparation for assuming the GMC role the following year.
– Social Media Coordinator (SMC): Ensures that all the Graduate Community social media and online outlets have current and regular content in order to allow graduate students to stay up to date on relevant information.
– Webinars Coordinator (WC): Assist in coordinating the webinars hosted by the Graduate SWE community, by selecting topics, inviting speakers, and coordinating logistics with SWE headquarters to ensure webinars are advertised and routinely presented.
The applications are due by April 01 2016 11:59 pm CDT (Midnight).
GMC-E, SMC and WC application: http://goo.gl/forms/DfmUAJrw7T
SWE HQ application (for GMC-E specifically): https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/30036-Society-Of-Women-Engineers
Note that the GMC-Elect position requires the SWE HQ Committee Chair application. The SMC and WC application includes an area where you indicate whether or not you submitted the GMC-Elect application and allows you to rank your preferences. Both applications require similar information and responses, but please make sure to follow the directions!
Applicants will be notified within the week after the deadline if there any additional questions and to schedule a phone interview. If you have any questions, please contact Liz at email@example.com.
(2) Upcoming Region D Conference
The final region conference of the season is only a few weeks away!! If you’re in Region D, make sure to check out the Region D conference website to see what’s in store for you!
31 Mar – 2 April : Region D — http://www.sweregiond.org/conference
(3) Grad Community Spotlights
Did you see the most recent Spotlights?
UCLA Grad SWE (7 Mar 2016):
Jessica Rimsa (21 Mar 2016):
Do you know someone (or yourself) or a Grad Group who deserves recognition? Submit their name here: http://goo.gl/51Oh1H
(4) Blog Basics: FAQ page
Do you have a question about being a Grad Student in SWE? Check out the FAQ page! Not finding what you need? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get the answer for you, AND add it to the FAQ page (your information will be protected).
FAQ page of the blog: https://swegrad.wordpress.com/faqs/
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com!