Have you ever wanted to join the SWE Grad Community leadership team? Well, wait no longer! The time is now to apply. Below are details on the positions and how to apply. I will be hosting a Google Hangout on Sunday, March 13th at 8 PM EST to answer specific questions. The link to join us is here: https://hangouts.google.com/call/3cuhom35l5fgxexvbo3i2drapea
The Graduate Leadership Team (consisting of the Graduate Member Coordinator, the Graduate Programming Coordinator, and their coordinator-elects) is looking for new coordinators for FY17, starting in July 2016! This is a great opportunity for grad students to get involved in the SWE Grad Community. The three positions are:
- Graduate Member Coordinator-Elect (GMC-Elect): Supports the Graduate Member Coordinator in working to foster a strong community and network for graduate students in SWE by facilitating communication between graduate students in SWE and SWE graduate student groups, and by representing the interests of graduate students to the Society. The GMC-Elect assists the GMC, in preparation for assuming the GMC role the following year.
- Social Media Coordinator (SMC): Ensures that all the Graduate Community social media and online outlets have current and regular content in order to allow graduate students to stay up to date on relevant information.
- Webinars Coordinator (WC): Assist in coordinating the webinars hosted by the Graduate SWE community, by selecting topics, inviting speakers, and coordinating logistics with SWE headquarters to ensure webinars are advertised and routinely presented.
The applications are due by April 01 2016 11:59 pm CDT (Midnight).
- GMC-E, SMC and WC application: http://goo.gl/forms/DfmUAJrw7T
- SWE HQ application: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/30036-Society-Of-Women-Engineers
Note that the GMC-Elect position requires the SWE HQ Committee Chair application. The SMC and WC application includes an area where you indicate whether or not you submitted the GMC-Elect application and allows you to rank your preferences. Both applications require similar information and responses, but please make sure to follow the directions!
Applicants will be notified within the week after the deadline if there any additional questions and to schedule a phone interview. If you have any questions, please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
The current Graduate Member Coordinator, Katharine Gamble answered many FAQs in her post from last year. Check it out here.
Other ways to get involved
Is leading the entire grad community not your thing? No problem! Check out this previous post about ways to get involved.
I cannot wait to read your applications! Again, if you have any questions, please contact Liz at email@example.com.