The SWE Women in Academia Committee (WIA) is pleased to announce the first annual Rapid Fire Session for Undergraduates. The session is modeled after the highly successful Rapid Fire Sessions for Graduate students. Undergraduate students are invited to submit 300 word abstracts regarding their research, undergraduate work experience (co-op or internship) or larger non-class project type work. Some examples of topics could be:
- Extracurricular activities (i.e. Supermileage vehicle, Concrete Canoe)
- Co-op and/or internship work projects
- Research project (individual or when a student worked as part of a research team where she/he had significant input)
If accepted, student presenters will receive feedback from 3-5 representatives from industry and academia who will comment on the presentation structure, content and communication style.
If interested, please submit an abstract of up to 300 words in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2015 at 5:00PM Eastern. Please include:
- In the e-mail subject header: WE15 UG Rapid Fire
- Within the email text:
- Descriptive title
- Your name and contact information (name, email, phone, university affiliation and/or organization)
- One of the following depending on the type of abstract: research adviser, organization adviser, work supervisor or equivalent
- Attach a PDF of your abstract including the text and title. Please do not include your name, adviser, etc. to ensure a blind review
Notification of the abstracts will occur around the first of October.
If you have any questions, please contact: Gretchen Hein, email@example.com
SWE Women in Academia Committee Member
Michigan Technological University SWE Section Adviser