WE13 Virtual Conference
Complimentary Access Instructions
By registering for the WE13 Virtual Conference, you will have access to on-demand replays of over 75 professional development sessions which includes two keynote presentations, five mega sessions, and four plenary panels. You can also claim CEUs/PDHs for many of the sessions. See below for the full listing.
Instructions for complimentary access:
- Click here to login.
- Login to the member portal and then select “WE13 Virtual Conference” in the “Events” section (likely towards the bottom of the list).
- Then select “WE13 Virtual Member Fee” and enter WE13STUDENT in the coupon section/textbox just below the fee listing.
- Then click “Continue” and “Proceed to Checkout” on the next page.
- On the following page you will see that the fee is $25 and you will be prompted to enter your credit card information.
- After completing the transaction, you can then click here to access the WE13 Virtual Conference portal. Then use your SWE login to gain access.
If you have additional questions please contact email@example.com.
Below is a list of the sessions that you will be able to view.
- In the Spotlight: Getting the Visibility & Recognition that You Deserve
- Achieving Your Goals in Unfamiliar and Uncertain Environments
- Men As Diversity Partners
- How Does She Do It?
- The 2020 Engineer
- Launching Innovation: Insights from Women Leaders & Entrepreneurs
- Influence Equation
- Overcoming the Impostor Syndrome: How to Feel as Bright and Capable As Everyone Seems to Think You Are
- Our Foremothers and You: Connecting Women to the History of Science and Engineering
- Leading With 20/20 Vision
- Becoming a Person of Influence
Lectures and Workshops
- Micro-aggressions and micro-inequities: What are they? How do they affect me? What can I do about them?
- Leveraging the Power of Diversity – Helping your Organization Make the Transition from Accomodating Diversity to Leveraging It
- What Does Public policy Mean for Women Engineers?
- Global Engineering – Engaging in a Diverse Culture
- Benefits and Misperceptions of Nuclear Energy
- Boost Strategic Supply Certainty with Capacity Building Partnerships in Developing Countries
- Innovative Roles – Commercial & Operating System Advantages
- Strategically Standing Out
- Applying Research on Women in Engineering to your Workplace
- Engineers Are Epic! Citizen Schools Apprenticeship
- Executive Leadership Coaching: Prepare Yourself to Take that Next Step
- The Little Brown Playbook: Leading a Business Community
- Feedback is a Gift
- A Cheap/Free Method for Managing an Outreach Event
- You’re Not a Man in High Heels…and You Shouldn’t Try to Be!
- An Unanticipated Career Change Excites and Propels
- Influencing Without Authority
- My First 4 Months – Making the Switch to a Strategic Marketing and Sales Position
- The Importance of Little Things
- To P.E. or not to P.E. Is that the Question? Discussion of the Technical Gap You May Have when Pursuing an Engineering Management Position
- A Post-Fukushima Look at Assessing Flood Hazards
- How to Attract and Retain a Diverse Workforce.
- Liberian Female Engineering Students Persisting in Engineering: A Qualitative Study
- Three Lessons from our International Graduate Experience
- Studying Abroad: Taking the Scenic Route to Your Career
- A Mentor, Who Me? The Art of Mentoring
- A Sound Foundation for an Engineering Geologist Starts in the Field: Experiences from Home and Overseas
- Become a Professional – Officially! Strategies and Advice for Applying for, Preparing for, and Passing the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) Exam
- Life Innovating Art
- What is Design Assurance Engineering (DAE)?
- Big Data and its Possibilities in the Cloud
- Developing Cloud-Aware Applications
- Monte Carlo Simulations in Product Development Applications
- Nanotechnology: Hip or Hype?
- Planning for the Future: The Changing World of the Electric Transmission System
- Experimental Study of Gas Turbine Combustion with Elevated Fuel Temperatures
- Graduate Online Learning – Is it for me?
- “I Don’t Think We’re in Kansas Anymore”: Life for a Professional Returning to Graduate School
- VizAid:Image Processing Mobile Application for the visually Impaired
- It’s Not Personal, It’s Just Business
- New Dawn of Security in Telecommunications: Quantum Cryptography
- Optical Energy – Storing the Sun without Solar Cells
- What is Personalized Healthcare and How Does it Effect me?
- R-Day – Innovation at Instron
- This is Your Brain. This is Your Brain in Complex System Design. How to Apply Neurotechnology to the Design and Evaluation of Complex Systems
- Lactation Programs in the Workplace: An Important Benefit and a Vital Retention Tool for Women in STEM
- Parenting = Leadership; How Becoming a Mom has Made me a Better Professional (and Vice Versa)
- Professional Development for Introverts
- Sales Engineering: On the Front Lines of Evolving Business Technology
- SWE Overseas: Collegiate Sections Volunteering Abroad
- Engineering the Smart Grid – Integration
- Mobile Applications that are Changing the Construction Industry
- Boiling Water Using the Sun – Water Chemistry Challenges for a Solar Power Plant
- Can You Visualize your Grape Soda Manufacturing?
- Communicating Environmental Regulations: It’s Good Business
- Usage of Advanced Technology such as Global Positioning System (GPS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) in Civil Engineering
- From Student Project to Marketplace: Rapid Pathogen Screener for Food Safety Testing
- Kinetic Art and Your Problem Solving Skills: How to Use Your Creativity to Think of Unique solutions
- Biometrics: The Ultimate Identifier
- Getting Your Feet Wet When Trying to Stay Dry: An Exercise in Brainstorming
- Lean Labs – Improving Lab Efficiency Through Workspace Improvements
- Smart Grid – What’s in it for me? Customer Benefits and Engineering Career Opportunities
- Tools Used By Remote Teams To Stay In Touch and Stay Productive
- Discovering Nuclear Power Career Paths
- Bayesian Methods For NDE Data Fusion
- Beyond the Codes: Repositioning towards a Sustainable Development
- Planning for Retirement as a New College Grad
- Survey of Engineering Managers: Determining Important Machine Design Skills and Student Preparation for Machine Design Positions
- Big Changes in Patent Law: The America Invents Act
- Computer Architecture
- Lightning Strikes: A Product from Innovation to Manufacturing Reality
- R-Day: Int Harnessing Light – How Light is Enabling the Future
- Using Infrared and Microwave Technology in Weather and Missile Defense